Hi Linda,

Cellulitis is a skin infection. The swollen ankles aren't a  symptom of it
but from what I understand it makes the skin there more  susceptible to it.

The Mayo Clinic site says:

Introduction:

Cellulitis (sel-u-LI-tis) is a common,  potentially serious bacterial skin
infection. Cellulitis appears as a swollen,  red area of skin that feels hot
and
tender, and it may spread rapidly.
Skin on lower legs is most commonly  affected, though cellulitis can occur
anywhere on your body or face. Infections  on the face are more common in
children and older adults. Cellulitis may affect  only your skin's surface —
or,
cellulitis may also affect tissues underlying  your skin and can spread to your
lymph nodes and bloodstream.
Left untreated, the spreading  infection may rapidly turn life-threatening.
That's why it's important to seek  immediate medical attention if cellulitis
symptoms occur.
More information can be found  here:
_http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cellulitis/DS00450_
(http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cellulitis/DS00450)
Barbara H. from TMIC
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com/_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/)

In a message dated 3/26/2008 6:40:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,