Randy
I had similar confusion with what I heard from various medical people.
Dec 2003 my neuro rx'd baclofen for spasticity and the next day I had physical
and occupational therapy. Both therapists told me I didn't have spasticity and
wanted permission to talk with my neuro.  So there I was in my TM stupor
questioning who knew best.  I started on the baclofen and have never
discontinued it.  My Neuro knew best.
I am too flexible (rubbery) if I take over 10mg so he moved me to every six
hours and that works for me.
I couldn't have discribed it at well as Merieke's post, however, it's exactly
how both the spasms and spasticity feel to me.
Patti