When I first came home from hospital I was on 80 mg of Baclofen and lots of Zanaflex (can't remember exactly) and with the Gabapentin at about 3600 mg I was a real zombie. It took a few years to get down to where I am now. I take 40 mg Baclofen per day (10mg every 5 hours) and then one 4mg tab of Zanaflex at bedtime. Have to be careful with the Zanaflex - liver enzyme problems.

Heather in Calgary
TM since Sept 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Surette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 1:35 PM
Subject: RE: [TMIC] med question - meloxicam and baclofen

It is the opposite with me I have been on baclofin for approximately 5 years. I too felt "stupid" at the begining but taken in conjunction with zanaflex; I can't walk or function without them. It took approximately five changes in strengh before my neuro was pleased with the disage. The only side effects I now experience is dry mouth; The long term is that you must consult your neuro before stopping taken it; Once on it it is very dangerous to stop taken it;