I saw the neurologist yesterday.  She suggested we increase the Neurontin to
900mg 3 times a day for a week, then increase to 1200mg three times a week.  I
asked about Lyrica in spite of my concerns since some of you didn't do well
with it.   She said Lyrica was similar to Neurontin, may work faster, is more
expensive.   I asked if we can take Neurontin and Lyrica together.  She said
yes and that surprised me.  Do any of you take both?  And about the spasticity
in my hamstrings, she wants me to take 10mg Bicoflen before I do my exercises.
Some of you made negative comments about Bicoflen, didn't you?  I guess you
take it as needed.

I mentioned my memory slipping somewhat.  I can order a brain MRI if you want
to she said.  But I've had TIAs that probably are the cause.   It all went very
fast because I type all the questions and concerns to make sure I won't forget
anything.

What's wrong with me?  Fatigue is a 10 most of the time.  Chronic fatigue is
truly a handicap.  I can hardly walk. My left leg is acting up big time, and so
is my lower back (T10-T11 lesion).  I drag myself with a walker.  Every little
thing is a challenge, etc..  Just lifting my left foot is a challenge.
Speaking of foot, Frank was right.  Prednisone will bruise you.  I stopped
taking it, it's poison.

I refuse to give up. I cleaned all the floors of my little apartment.  I cooked
shrimp and pasta and steamed asparagus for me and my daughter.  I watched and
read the news ignoring the blurry right eye, I did this and even did that....
It's a big challenge to do every little thing.  And tomorrow I'll work all day
in the gift shop and check the inventory.  Once I smear the new Channel
foundation on my face, eye shadow and gloss on my lips,  perhaps if I look
better, I'll feel better.

But back to the neurologist.  She is supposed to be one of the best in Marin.
But why do I feel that she can't wait to go to the next room where another
patient is waiting?  I honestly feel that it's because we both know that there
is nothing that can be done for me.  That we're both waisting our time.

Took a sleeping pill and smoked some pot (medicinal of course) so I can sleep.
But I feel better talking to you who is kind enough to put up with this
babbling.
PS.  Jude, I'm thinking about you and hope you feel better and are sleeping
peacefully.