  From: randy rankin
  To: TM Group
  Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:29 PM
  Subject: [TMIC] is this an M.S. problem?

        I have had some ear problems for the past few weeks. I went from
hearing well to sudden hearing problems, vertigo and blurriness with my vision.
When I talk, I hear the sounds of my voice muffled up inside of my head and not
like the usually normal hearing. The ear doctor cleaned up my ear and it took 3
trips. My hearing seemed improved but a lot of the wierdness kept going on -
and I am hoping that it will just clear up.
        But the reason that I am writing is because the ear doctor said that a
lot of my problems seemed to have a neurological basis. I have had vertigo,
dizziness and things just seem wierd. My vision has been off in a very odd way
especially when I either try to focus or if I move my head or something moves
by me.
        He brought this up without prior knowledge of my history with TM and
the other oddities that I had had and wanted me to have an MRI to check to see
if my odd auditory and vision issues were being caused from something in my
brain. He asked me specifically if I had ever had problems with tingling,
numbness or other M.S. type symptoms and thinks that my neuro should check it
out.
        I'm very skeptical about his ideas yet also a little nervous about
doubting his speculations.
        Those of you who have MS, have you ever heard/experienced odd things
like sudden vertigo, dizziness, vision and auditory changes ect.? I'm very
nervous about this. I have already gone through two foot drops, loss of my
right leg, loss of bladder function and the pain and miserable mobility issues
that come with TM, the physical thearpy and finally I am for the first time
walking and getting around without spasms or pain. I am not ready for a new
bout with a new problem .