From: randy rankin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:29 PM
To: TM Group
Subject: [TMIC] is this an M.S. problem?

I have had some ear problems for the past few weeks. I went from hearing
well to sudden hearing problems, vertigo and blurriness with my vision.
When I talk, I hear the sounds of my voice muffled up inside of my head
and not like the usually normal hearing. The ear doctor cleaned up my
ear and it took 3 trips. My hearing seemed improved but a lot of the
wierdness kept going on - and I am hoping that it will just clear up.
But the reason that I am writing is because the ear doctor said that a
lot of my problems seemed to have a neurological basis. I have had
vertigo, dizziness and things just seem wierd. My vision has been off in
a very odd way especially when I either try to focus or if I move my
head or something moves by me.
He brought this up without prior knowledge of my history with TM and the
other oddities that I had had and wanted me to have an MRI to check to
see if my odd auditory and vision issues were being caused from
something in my brain. He asked me specifically if I had ever had
problems with tingling, numbness or other M.S. type symptoms and thinks
that my neuro should check it out.
I'm very skeptical about his ideas yet also a little nervous about
doubting his speculations.
Those of you who have MS, have you ever heard/experienced odd things
like sudden vertigo, dizziness, vision and auditory changes ect.? I'm
very nervous about this. I have already gone through two foot drops,
loss of my right leg, loss of bladder function and the pain and
miserable mobility issues that come with TM, the physical thearpy and
finally I am for the first time walking and getting around without
spasms or pain. I am not ready for a new bout with a new problem .