Hi Jenna - yes it is bad for your body - I took a bone density scan test
& flunked - now I have osteo penia.

Bernie

________________________________

From: Jenna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 8:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Butcher, Bernard G (NY80);
TMIC-LIST@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Question from Randy-Solu-Medrol

Jude,

Most of the time when they give you Solu-Medrol for MS or TM you get
1000mgs a day.  The dose pac's are much lower dose of steroids.

I have such bad reactions to it that I had to be put in the hospital
each time I needed it.  Instead of doing 1000mg once a day, they have to
spread it out and do 250mg every 6 hours.  It makes me very sick and I
spend 6 days in the hospital.  Then come home for a day or two and then
problems readjusting. Spend a day and get things settled down.  I am
always very sick for two weeks following the Solu-Medrol.  It takes 9
weeks or so before I really start feeling good again.  Durning all this
time I can't drive and spend most of the time in bed.  And am very
grouchy <http://mail.yimg.com/a/i/mesg/tsmileys2/02.gif>

Thank goodness I have not had to that for almost 3 years now.  I am so
very blessed and happy about that.  I have a friend here that did the
Solu-Medrol for the first time and was asking me if I ever had a relaps
again would I do the steroids again.  And I told her as bad as it is on
my body, yes I would because it did help so much.  As Frank said in an
e-mail there are some bad permanet  side effects.  It is something you
really need to talk about with your Dr.

Jenna