From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Re: tmic-digest Digest V2008 #478
To: "jrushton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], "TMIC"
<tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 3:27 PM

>       Talking about looking pregnant and I'm a male.  My belly bloated
> up so bad, that people said I looked like I was pregnant with twins.

Many gain abdominal girth while on cortisone/prednisone, or soon after.  The
bloat is secondary to the cortisone which causes increases in the lipoid cells.
This results in weight gain, increase in blood pressure, borderline diabetes,
and hyperlipidemia ( increased cholesterol or triglycerides).  This group has
been named the Metabolic Syndrome.

I was attacked by this beast several years ago, but decided to go on vacation
to mexico, the change in diet, increased activity made my diabetes,
hypertension, weight and lipids go down.

My suggestion: When given a new diagnosis, go on VACATION !!!