From: Bob and Sue Mattis
Date: 1/14/2009 7:09:53 AM
To: 'jrushton'
Subject: RE: [TMIC] Needing help...??

Hi Jeanne,

There are 2 children that I’ve become close to in the last few years.  There
is Cole Ross from Canada (neilandwe...@rogers.com) who’s parents are Neil
and Wendy.  He developed TM as an infant and I believe is 10 or 11 now.
Also there is Maria Hoge from Pennsylvania (ho...@msn.com) who’s parents are
Pam and Morgan.  Pam and I are co-chair for the PA support group.  Maria
also was struck as an infant and is now I believe also around 9, 10....etc.
Pam is a nurse and is so knowledgeable about all the care involved for a
child with TM.  Wendy is also what I consider an expert on the subject as
she has been the primary caregiver for Cole as well.  I would think either
child would relate well, but probably Maria would be a little more receptive
to an on-line, phone, or snailmail relationship with another.  You know how
“boys” are.  But either way, I would contact the parents and see what you
could set up.  I know there is another child (Rachael) that the Reading for
Rachael program is for on the TM website, but I don’t know the family
personally.  Hope this helps!
Sue – Harborcreek, PA