Heather I have found that sometimes you just have to do what you have to
do!!  I flew alone to be with my mom when she was in her late 80's and I was
so glad that I did. Everyone was so kind and helpful. I too use a walker and
sometimes a cane!  Long trips are awful but my son is getting married in
Lima, Peru in November and I am definitely going to be there! I have hand
controls on my car because I do not have any real control over my legs. All
rental cars have handicapped equipped cars. And they are not allowed to
charge extra for the device. There are different types but it's so easy, you
catch on very quickly. Tho it sounds like you have lots of people to ferry
you around. Have a wonderful time!! I love it when our family gets together!
Cherish those moments!Again, ENJOY!!!
Trudy