To: mother...@msn.com; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: wow, you work too hard Trudy
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:00:22 -0400
From: balmat...@aol.com

Hi Trudy,

You work too hard, I could not clean all day, whether I wanted to or not.  If
not for a automatic washer/dryer, the wash would not get done.  And, if it goes
for floors, I can do a small amount but not a lot.  It kills my back, and I'm
in bed for days.  So, it's someone else's job.  I do clean the spots on the
kitchen floor iwth paper towels though from time to time, since hubby or
daughter in-law aren't really responsive on the job, lol.  It doesn't seem to
be as important to them that it is and looks clean as it is to me.

My speed is dusting and cleaning kitchen/bathrooms and laundry.  I can do most
things that are off the floor and I cannot do too much in a day and still
manage to cook dinner.  I don't cook dinner everyday, but try to do it most
days.  Pete (hubby) usually handles breakfast most days and it's a nice trade
off as he loves breakfast.  That's one of the good parts of his retirement.  He
also makes my coffee in the morning and then again at night.  And, he is sure a
handy guy to have around I know that I don't think that I could have gotten
through this whole TM thing without him, he's been so good at accepting the
changes that it has made in our lives.  I say accepting, and I am not sure it
is the right word, as it is a hard thing to say.  We do have to accept it,
don't have to like it as none of us do, but we just roll with it.  It just is
what it is.  Can't change it, and cannot deny it anymore, although I tried that
for about 18 months.  Now, it's been almost 10 years.

I use 40 mg Baclofen at night for spasms, and generally it works pretty well,
although there are those nights when it doesn't seem to work.  Maybe it is and
if I hadn't taken it, they would be a whole lot worse, but they definately keep
me from sleeping.  That is usually on a day that I've done too much.  I've had
2 DVT's in my left leg, and sometimes I think that the problems and pain in
that leg are worse than the complications that TM has caused in my life.
Although, I didn't get the DVT's until I was in the hospital paralyzed from TM.
 Darned leg!

But I have slept 3 nights straight and am a happy camper today.  Yippee!  I
hope you all can take something positive from me and do something positive for
yourself to get on the right track if you've slipped off as well.

Hugs to all, Barbara A

 Can't afford a new spring wardrobe?  Go shopping in your closet instead!
Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile2_042009