  From: Cindy McLeroy
  To: tmic-list@eskimo.com ; jmh1...@sbcglobal.net
  Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:09 PM
  Subject: [TMIC] Re: WHAT DID YOU DO???

  You'll be sorry you asked, it's kind of a long story.

  I had time to kill on Sat before I went to a party, all dressed and ready to
go.  I notice that the cleaning lady didn't clean as well as I thought around
the bottom of the toilet so I bent over forward on my wheelchair bracing myself
with one hand on the toilet. cleaning with the other.  Apparently I pushed my
wheelchair out from under me and slid to the floor with my right foot twisted
almost the way around.  When I went to bed that night my leg was doing a snap,
crackle and pop noise.  Went to the ER the next day and the doctor said, Oh,
your leg is broken.  Duh.

  Anyhow, my frustration is dealing with the ER folks, my doctor and an Ortho.
Seems all the Ortho's are booked.  I can't wait because I have (lucky for me)
no sensation and the splint that is on my leg is moving around and I'm sure
digging.  I want to avoid pressure sores.  Always something interesting with
TM.  I think this is the fourth or fifth time I have broken one or the other of
my legs.  Once I simply rolled over in bed and heard the crunch.
     Cindy