I'm from Montreal and I haven't been there since 2001..I miss it so much! I wish I could go back, but now that I'm in the "system" in Alberta, changing provinces is next to impossible. Would mean waiting three months before I can access any medicare there, would have to give up my wheelchair (though I doubt they'd squeak too much about that one), I'd have to wait 3 months to apply for disability...too much of a pain. :(

Frank, I used to study at Dawson...an excellent institution...too bad I can't say the same about the students. I know of students in chairs who'd literally have to roll over the toes of teens hanging out on the ramps.

Laura...born in Howick...somewhere along the US border near Montreal.

On 25/11/2009 8:12 PM, bobby jim wrote:
And just where is that.......??? My Montréal map isn't handy right now. Yep, we visited that city in March 1999 and stayed in a b&b in the old part of town. Great city. That one and Vancouver....... both great places.
BobbyJim

    *From:* fr...@franksheldon.com <mailto:fr...@franksheldon.com>*
    **To:* Alton Ryder <mailto:a-ry...@comcast.net> ; TMIC
    <mailto:tmic-list@eskimo.com> *Sent:* Wednesday, November 25, 2009
    11:14 *Subject:* Re: [TMIC]

    I am here in Montreal watching humanity stroll and drive by.

    My apartment looks on to Boulevard de Maisonnueve West, between
    Concordia University and Dawson College.

    Masses of college students are always strolling by, iPod buds
    plugged in their ears.

    What is weird is the couple holding hands but each person is
    listening to their own iPod.

    Take Care