There is a lot to what you are saying.    I would think that Akua's church, if
the knew her plight, would gladly help her.
Janice

From: Barbara Alma
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:16 AM
To: a...@artfarm.com ; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] where are the good deads?

Akua,

While growing up we were taught that if there was something we could do to
assist another we were expected to do so. This meant like crossing the street,
carrying groceries, etc if we were children. Then as we were older, it extended
to picking up extra groceries when we shopped for ours, and larger tasks as
well.

It seems that these days there are so many more churces than there were when I
was a child, and I find less people helping those in need of help.  When I
attended church we had a bulletin that would would enlist the help of those who
could and ask those who needed help or knew of anyone within the congregation
or out that needed it.

Is this something that just doesn't happen anymore? Do people not offer to help
each other any longer unless they know you? I remember my mother giving
somebody gas money when they helped her with a ride home when her car died and
them putting it back in her pocket many times

Hugs, Barbara A in Auburn CA