From: Akua <a...@artfarm.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] handicapped placard
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Friday, October 8, 2010, 8:30 PM

I think the Reeves Foundation has a card you can stick in the windshields of
offenders.
I had found another one online.

Once i could not get off the sidewalk at work because the only way off
from the building was blocked by someone's car.... this was a graded striped
walkspace--not even a parking space.... and the paratransit in Rochester only
had to wait five minutes for me. They left me.
I paid an additional $10 to get another ( unscheduled) ride to take me home.

Why don't people get it?

Parking is my biggest gripe.  I use an accessible van and need to get out using
the ramp on the passenger side.   3 times this month someone was parked on the
stripes adjacent to the parking spot.