LOVE THIS! Thank you for taking action!

I once pulled up to an office complex with four un-occupied handicapped spots available right at the front entrance. Even though there were several regular open parking spaces farther beyond the handicapped ones, an unattended "information-storage" van was parked in one of the handicapped slashed-marked spaces. Obviously, from the business name plastered all over the van, it was not being driven by anyone handicapped. Luckily, the business phone and vehicle number were also on the side of the van, so I started writing them down intending to call and report it. Just as I was finishing copying the information, the able-bodied driver came out of the building complex wheeling a dolly with some boxes on it. He saw me writing and hurried to the back of the van and started loading the boxes. I said, "You know it's illegal to park in the hash-marked spots... those spaces are for handicapped people who need access for their wheelchairs." He totally ignored me, so, as he hurried to finish loading and drive off, I called the company on my cell phone and reported the driver illegally parked. The person who answered apologized and said the driver would definitely be reprimanded. She thanked me said they have no idea this is happening unless someone tells them.

It's too bad regular drivers can't be reported as easily... I used to have some little business-sized cards that read,
"Did you mean to park this way... or have you always been a selfish bastard?"
(I think I might make some up on my computer to leave on illegally parked cars)

Betty
(in Northern California)