You are definitely the exception rather than the rule...great for you if
you've been able to avoid UTI's...don't forget though teat you don't have as
much bacteria 'up there' as a woman who's parts are 'down there' where
moisture is constantly a problem...not to mention menstruation.

A woman should never be allowed to go too long with an indwelling...if it's
going to be a long-term thing, it's usually switched to a suprapubic--which
is what will happen to me if I can't relearn to dress and self-cath.

I'm lucky in that my Urologist is widely renown for his work in the SCI
field.He's a wealth of information and was one of the docs who has pionered
urological care for women with SCIs. Also, with a foley, kidneys start
shutting down after ten or so years, so when possible, it should be capped
off to mimic the filling and emptying of the bladder.
Laura

www.laurabeaudin.com --NOT just another blog!
http://practical-homeschooling.org