When I was getting ready to leave the hospital the dr.s were telling me I
had to cath every four hours after I left.  Yet they were changing my cath
in the hospital every three days?  I argued that the more cathing that was
done, the more the chance of infection increased.  winning that battle I
pushed for the condom catheter and that was used for the last week of my
stay.   I have been on the condom cath for 7 months now and even though it
comes off now and then when I am transfering in or out of my chair, it still
is way beter and cheaper than the internal cath.  My wife and wonderful
caretaker devised a method of taping the condom cath in place with two bands
of narrow tape and it works prety well.  I have had no bladder infections
like I did when I was in the hospital with the internal cath.