Is that the song that went: "oo ee oo ah ah bing bang"?

Bernie

________________________________

From: bgunny7...@aol.com [mailto:bgunny7...@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:22 PM
To: Tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Save the last dance

   Some of you may recall that I was the drummer with a group called the
"Edsels" in the late 50's. We recorded a song called Rama Lama Ding
Dong. Anyway, I was talkin with Harry Green (2nd Tenor), and Marshall
Sewel (Bass) the other night, and we discussed George (Wydell) Jones who
passed away two years ago. George was the lead singer with us. Marshall
asked what was wrong with me using a cane, so I told him. He asked if
that was anything like Polio and I told him the difference, and started
complaining. He said, "Ya know, Doc Had Polio". Doc who I asked. He said
Doc Pomus who's real name was Jerome Felder. I never met him but
Marshall had so he related this story. Doc contracted Polio as a child
way back and in his early years, and was confined to a wheel chair. It
seems he and his wife were at an awards ceremony where Doc was watching
his wife dance with other guys that they of course knew, so Doc penned a
song for her as he watched called "Save the last dance for me". If
anyone here is old enough, the Drifters recorded that back in the early
60's. Check out the Drifters on You Tube, click on save the last dance
for me, and listen to the words. Just goes to show what you can do if
you set your mind to it. He wrote a ton of other hits also, but this one
especially hit home with me. Something I never knew before. I guess we
never stop learning.