lol,,sounds like a good "House" episode

--- On Wed, 11/17/10, Dalton Garis <malugss...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dalton Garis <malugss...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Doc Pomus
To: bgunny7...@aol.com, "TMIC" <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Cc: "Brooks Garis" <bga...@optonline.net>
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 7:18 PM

Well, Bernie;

I can fully appreciate the problem of mis-diagnosis, because I have gone from
being a whole bunch of things this past year, to wit:

Could be Lyme Disease.  No, that’s not right. All tests were negative for Lyme.
 But you never know!
Ok!  Multiple Sclerosis.  That’s it, because it is targeting just the left side
and you had two attacks more than one month apart from which you mostly
recovered.  Ah, not so fast.  We’ll call it, “demyelinating disease,
unspecified.”
It’s TM.  Definitely!  It is on both sides of your body equally now; it
followed a severe, unexplained backache, it affects you from the level of
several thoracic vertebrae, and your reactions are hypersensitive, you are
spasmodic all over, there is banding pain in the torso, and . . . , and . . . ,
and . . . . Diagnosis: “Transverse myelitis, partial.”
(5 months later) Well, good news!  The MRI  was basically clear in spine and
brain, except where we can’t see because of your steel rods (most of the back),
and some weird stuff in your brainstem.  It is therefore likely all due to your
old back fusions and the steel rods.  We’ll hold off re-diagnosing for now.
OK, wait: The old back fusions and steel rods are all pristine.  No difficulty
there.  Maybe epilepsy, That could explain a lot of what you seem to be
suffering.
Well, no epilepsy.  Tests were all negative.
And, your new symptoms, fatigue, facial pain on left side only; no headache or
migraine—myasthenia gravis ?
Meanwhile, how is your Lyrica holding out?  Need a refill?

LOL!

What happened to the TM?  Am I one of those who got mostly better?  Myasthenia
gravis?  I am now having new symptoms of extreme fatigue and pain in the limbs
and left side of the face, needles and pins.  For a while now I have tried to
get up in the morning only to be forced back to bed by fatigue and pain.  After
more rest and two more attempts I succeed in getting up and dressed.  My spine
is just burning up, from thoracic to lumbar.  But that is an old symptom.  The
attacks of spasms are mostly gone now.

Good thing I teach an 11:00 lecture and can sit in my office the rest of the
time.  My old skating routine several times per week, or even once per week, is
not possible at the moment.  It now hurts to type for very long.

I am desperate for ideas here.  Anyone with some thoughts on this sack of
symptoms?

I have no idea what is happening, and the neuro has given up thinking about it.
 I hope to get with another neuro this week or next.  Hope all this will pass
and I can get back to where I was a few weeks ago.

Dalton