The only time I've heard of 50000 mg vit D is with chronic kidney disease.
And then, it's only prescribed for something like a 6 week period.  If you
don't have that disease, I'd suggest you ask your doctor to do a blood
test to determine if you really need that much vita D.  Too much D can
cause serious problems, one being that your body absorbs TOO MUCH calcium.
 Of course, your doctor obviously knows things that I don't, but
considering that they seldom have too much nutrition training, I'd sure
question such a high dose of D.

Sally