From: Dalton Garis <malugss...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Connected?
To: "Janice Nichols" <jan...@centurytel.net>, jack...@att.blackberry.net,
"TMIC" <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 1:58 PM

Hi;

Thanks for your support.

I got another attack today.  It started slowly with pain in my feet and hands
yesterday, which became weaker by the hour.  Then it slowly worked itself up
the legs and arms today, weakening me as it went.  Then it hit my lower and
upper back, and I could no longer stand up, and am now unable to walk without
the aid of crutches, and only for a few yards.

When it got really bad today, I was unable to speak more than a few words
without causing convulsions in my back and arms.  After a while I could speak
again.  I had to be careful with the swallowing which was no longer on
automatic.  Same with urinating.  It took great concentration to sort of
identify the nerves and wake them up.

There were moments when I could not feel my legs and didn't know if I could
move them.  Again, it took concentration to wake the nerves up and get the legs
moving again.  The pain in the legs and arms and back is terrific and nothing
touches it.

My neurologist has told me that there are, of course, stronger medications
which can mostly arrest this cycling and give me some peace.  But also, of
course, they would make me a zombie for most of the day and I would likely
become unable to work any longer.

I am happy to be able to type again.  It is five minutes before eleven pm and I
can finally work my hands a little, for typing, making coffee, and getting some
snacks from the fridge.

Well, I wrote all this because some have been saying that it is vey quiet.  So
here's a raft of symptoms to look at.

Thanks so much, friends, for being here.

Dalton Garis

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Office: +971-02-607-5070/5297
Mobile: +971-50-668-5760--