From: Janet Dunn
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:11 AM
To: 'TMIC' ; tmic-l...@eskimo.net
Subject: [TMIC] New MRI results

Hello Everybody

I have had TM and the various symptoms of since August of 2004.  I have a
lesion on my spine at T4-5.  There are a few issues with that, put I have been
managing.  Take my meds, keep my stress down, rest, - you all know the routine.

I was doing so well that this summer I actually began to wear “proper ladies
shoes”  - including a pair of boots with a 1.5 inch heel – a sturdy heel, but a
heel none the less.  I was weaning down on my meds – life was grand to say the
least.

Then in October my feet began to tingle when I dried them with a towel.  I
really didn’t think too much of it until that feeling moved up the legs.  I
went to visit my daughter in Victoria in the beginning of November, and found
that the right leg (the troubled one) would give out quite easily, and I would
tire out.   I got back to my home town and went to see my Doc.  He sent me for
an MRI.  And this is the news I want to share.  It is rather a “good” news,
“bad” news situation.

The MRI showed that the lesion of the cord at T4-5 were somewhat technically
different, and the cord is somewhat attenuated (squished) .  Essentially the
clinical changes, and the subtle increased signal at the t4 – 5 levels do not
present any significant change, and not of clinical significance.

However, the report continues, there is a  hemangioma at t4 and t7.  Basically
a growth on the spinal cord.  And that of course is pushing on the cord itself
which in turn is causing all the extra pain, and the return of all the burning
that I am experiencing, as well as the numbness that is creeping up my abdomen.
 Wonder when it will stop, and what kind of damage will it inflict before it
does.  Two months ago you would have had no idea that I had a chronic illness
with bothersome side effects – today you do not see me very far away from a
cane.

The joys, the joys.  Anyone ever heard of this and the outcome?  Anyone going
to see anybody at John Hopkins or at the Mayo?  I am supposed to be seeing a
neurologist again but that could take a year.

So whether there is a clinical significance or not, there is definitely a
physical significance, and I really don’t care for it!

Thanks for “listening”  - that is why I love this list, and the people on it.

Janet Dunn

Fort St John BC