From: Dalton Garis [mailto:malugss...@gmail.com]
Sent: December 14, 2011 5:26 AM
To: Janet Dunn; 'TMIC'; tmic-l...@eskimo.net
Subject: Re: [TMIC] New MRI results

I think there is something in common with my own situation;

In 1970 I fell while working as a lineman and broke my back in several
places.  I had an operation to gain the use of my legs which were paralyzed
on the left side and lower organs.

Over the years I had four more operations to stabilize the back above the
break.  Finally, after five operations my back was fused from the lumbar to
the thoracic just south of my shoulder blades.  I couldn't do much and was
like a crate of eggs in terms of stability and pain.  Very brittle and
stiff, in other words.

Then I got T.M. Two years ago.  My whole spinal cord lit up and would just
burn for weeks.  I lost the use of my left side again and had banding pain.
My entire skin would just be on fire and my left leg was useless.  Fatigue.
Sleeping all the time.  You know the drill.

Then, I began to get seizures if under stress or exertion.  It turned out
that the T.M. Had caused "anomalies" in the Pons, a part of the brainstem,
and I would get these seizures-I called them fits-whenever under stress.

The doctors said that due to the spinal cord canal being so compromised,
there was very little room for any swelling to occur without causing
immediate difficulties.  Furthermore, the blood supply to the spinal cord
was not capable of meeting extra demands if the nervous system became
active.

So, I take it easy and try to keep stress out of my life (Sure! I live in
New York City!).

I think some of this applies to your situation.  Lose the shoes for a while.
They are stressing your spinal cord and back muscles.  After a few weeks r
months things might just return to the status quo ante.

Dalton

Dalton Garis

40-26 College Point Blvd.

Tower 1, #17K