 From: "a...@artfarm.com" <a...@artfarm.com>
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Push Girls

Auti is the former dancer who crashed after selling her body for money. She's a
paraplegic.

Angela, the quadriplegic, a former model, had those stem cell treatments in
Panama ( I think) which restored she said lots of function.
She had the money to undergo this back then -- about a decade ago. I sure wish
I could afford it!

"Getting the able bodied population to look at the population that uses w/c is
extremely important in order to further the cause of things we need, ie public
transportation, support, access to jobs, good medical care, etc."

I agree, but this show doesn't help do that. No one is shown trying to get on a
bus, (or any public transportation for that matter)  or having/trying to roll
down unshoveled streets or getting to a corner where the snow and slush is
piled high so you can't cross the street -- even if there are curb cuts.

Or getting on or off a sidewalk without curb cuts…..

Angela (the quad)  did say a bit about the cost of her care in one episode and
how that was driving her to try and find a way to make money and re-enter
modeling-- not a pragmatic option for 99.9% of the general population, never
mind the disabled. And it seems her husband, an actor, left her

I'm glad your daughter found something in it.
Even waste can be used as fertilizer. Doesn't mean it isn't dreck.

But since I've never heard of ( nor probably will I ever hear) "push boys" , i
chafe against the  nomenclature "push girls"  -- which, despite their
affirmations,  belittles  and diminishes.

Girlification doesn't make decision makers take your needs or your situation
seriously.

Akua