I had the same neurologist for first five years of TM. I had several MRI's and he was satisfied that I didn't have MS (TM left me with cognitive problems). I had been on the same medications for two years, my primary said he would renew my rx when needed, and I didn't feel the need to contnue seeing my neuro (140 mile round trip).

That worked for another two years until my primary moved and his replacement refused to write my rx for the Lyrica and Baclofen. She referred me to her neuro buddy, but I made an appointment with another neuro whom I had heard was "the best" from one of his MS patients.

The new Neuro agreed with my med regime, agreed that there was no need for MRI's, and agreed that I didn't need to see him oftener than annually unless I had neurological changes. The new neuro also understood my frustraton with a primary who would not renew my Lyrica and Baclofen rx.

I never went back to that primary and have since seen a Physicians Assistant for my regular illnesses.

I didn't think I needed a neurologist. However, I realize that as long as I need Baclofen and Lyrica and it is wise to have one available.

Patti V. - Michigan