On the subject of the need for a neurologist, I was discharged by mine
after two years on the grounds that there was nothing else to be done to
help me.  This leaves me in care of my GP practice where there is now no
doctor with any knowledge of TM.  Their only function for me is to renew my
prescription for Amitriptyline, as prescribed by the neurologist 3 1/2
years ago at the onset of TM.  I'm really pleased to see the group is still
here as I have been wanting to ask if anyone is aware of a drug that helps
specifically with "banding" present 24/7 and intensifying in cold/hot
weather.  I'm unable to go out in the present cold weather and I don't
think Amitriptyline helps at all, not even with sleeping any more.  I'd
appreciate any advice.
Iris