. . . And [please let me rant for a while]

Why doesn't this country have free medical insurance for all its citizens
??? What is that ideological secret that this country presumes to understand
that the other developed countries, all of which provide free medical care
(and decent retirement, child care for working parents and free higher
education, also, for that matter), has failed to grasp?

How many dollars could be saved with free insurance, thus preventing much
more serious and costly complications later on?  I read some time ago of a
boy in Louisiana who died of Sepses, the deadly blood infection, because his
parents lacked the $86.oo needed to have him treated by a dentist for an
abscessed tooth!

Aren't economies for the purpose of providing for its citizens and societies
a better life?  Or, are they ideologies with names that we are to worship
and for the purity which the welfare of society's members are to be
sacrificed ???  Why are we being crucified on the cross of ideological
purity?  Why are forced to worship names, rather than working to establish
an economy‹regardless of its label‹that serves the needs of all the people
in a just and fair manner?

[Thank you for letting me rant for a minute, because I hate, as a citizen of
this proud nation, to pay even one dollar for medical services.]

Dalton Garis
Flushing, Queens
New York, USA