On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Micah Cowan <mi...@cowan.name> wrote:
> (03/04/2011 10:37 AM), Kevin Goodsell wrote:
>>
>> Huh, I thought the limitation was 200-and-something columns. Actually,
>> in gnome-terminal I get 223 as the last responsive column, which would
>> map to the byte value 255 (223 + 32, where 32 is the standard value
>> added onto mouse command parameters).
>
> Ah. Well, I seem to remember Nicholas saying that the limit was 90 for
> the older protocol. That's right about where I'm hitting the limit.
> Perhaps the problem is that for some reason my terminal is using an
> older protocol than it had been before. No idea what would have changed
> that, though.

It looks like 94 would be the limit for applications that are expecting
the old mouse tracking with a terminal that is reporting extended mouse
tracking. The two modes are compatible up to that point.

> Sure it does. VTE supports any of the mouse protocols that xterm does.
> Anyway, just tried xterm (new tmux server/socket), got the same problem.

OK. As far as I can tell, gnome-terminal doesn't seem to respond to the
extended mouse mode control sequences (\E[?1005h and \E[?1005l), or at
least I can't see any change in its behavior. However, it is sending
some strange stuff beyond column 94 when I put it in 1000 or 1002 mode,
presumably using the extended protocol.

-Kevin