(03/04/2011 11:29 AM), Micah Cowan wrote:
> (03/04/2011 11:19 AM), Kevin Goodsell wrote:
>> It looks like 94 would be the limit for applications that are expecting
>> the old mouse tracking with a terminal that is reporting extended mouse
>> tracking. The two modes are compatible up to that point.
>
> Yeah, that's what I got from a little further reading too.
>
>>> Sure it does. VTE supports any of the mouse protocols that xterm does.
>>> Anyway, just tried xterm (new tmux server/socket), got the same problem.
>>>

>> OK. As far as I can tell, gnome-terminal doesn't seem to respond to the
>> extended mouse mode control sequences (\E[?1005h and \E[?1005l), or at
>> least I can't see any change in its behavior. However, it is sending
>> some strange stuff beyond column 94 when I put it in 1000 or 1002 mode,
>> presumably using the extended protocol.
>
> Hm. Well, I'm getting no better behavior even if I set -g mouse-utf8
> off, or even setw -g utf8 off.

Found the bug, committed a very simple fix to SF. Should be quite
self-explanatory.

Part of the problem I encountered during debug-time was also that "tmux
set -g mouse-utf8 off" doesn't work if the socket isn't "default" (it
sets the value in "default" instead). It used to check $TMUX for where
to connect (I fixed it to do so some time back, guess it's broken again).

Thanks for helping with this!

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/