(05/18/2011 01:28 PM), Micah Cowan wrote:
> (05/18/2011 01:19 AM), Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>> It's vim, not less, and yes, it appears to be overwriting.
>>
>> The issue is that I don't have this problem in screen.
>>
>> OK, screenshots of screen and tmux (in alternate-screen off mode).
>> Process is:
>>
>> [new window]
>> # seq 1 100
>> # vim
>> [type some crap]
>> :q!
>> [backscroll mode, up 10 lines, screenshot]
>
> To be absolutely clear, by "backscroll mode", you mean tmux's copy-mode,
> right? It's not some scrollback that's built into the terminal, is it?

See, here's the thing: I can't reproduce your symptoms, even by catting
your tmux.txt and tmux2.txt directly into my tmux session (with
hopefully approximately the same dimensions - I'm using 195x73 (72
within tmux - not that it should really matter)). Every time, when I
enter copy-mode, I can see the "150" from seq after exiting tmux.

I'm using the tmux from CVS HEAD. Perhaps you can try that out?

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/