On 2013–05–14 Frank Terbeck wrote:

> You could create a wrapper script like this:
>
> [snip]
> #!/bin/sh
>
> stty -ixon
> exec "$@"
> [snap]

I found another workaround which does not require changing the
scripts that launch tmux. Commands in the file ~/.zshenv seems to
work regardless of the type of shell (login, interactive, etc.).

  # ~/.zshenv
  stty -ixon

Obviously this is a ZSH feature. I don't know if a universal
solution exists which works also in POSIX shell.

Marco