Hi,

(1) System throughput and response time data collection

I plan to do measurements myself using Henri Gomez' rpmized version of
TC-4.0-m4, but since machines and environments differ, it might be
interesting to know what kind of total time, throughput, avg and max
connection and processing time per request people see using the
HelloWorld servlet driving their system with ab in localhost mode
(immediately after a cold boot). These are the kinds of data presented by
Costin at ApacheCon Europe. I'd like to compile such numbers if people
are willing to post them along with info on CPU (e.g. Celeron 400Mhz),
memory (eg. 256M SDRAM100), disk (eg. WD Caviar 10.2MB, 5400 rpms), OS
(Redhat6.1), JVM (Classic), etc.

(2) System resource usage data collection

CPU and disk demand per request on each system might be interesting. I
have done some very simple resource measurement and performance modeling
of Apache that is described in a Office2000 PowerPoint (but created in
StarImpress) presentation at

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~designrw/BENCH1.zip

My current plan is to apply the same approach to TC-4.0 and then to
extend it by considering a mix of servlets, not just the HelloWorld
servlet (again in keeping with Costin's pitch at ApacheCon).

Roy Wilson
--
Roy Wilson
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]