Hola Jon:

> The problem is that say you are working on 4.0 and 4.1 at the
> same time.

I do this with branches ( cocoon2 , 3.2 , 3.X ) all the time, only by
using another directory..

> When you do a cvs co jakarta-tomcat-4.0, then you will get a
> directory on
> your hard disk with 4.0. If you then want to check out 4.1,
> you need to
> first reaname jakarta-tomcat-4.0 to something else, then
> checkout 4.1 on the
> branch, then rename it to something else, then rename your
> first checkout
> directory back.

The problem is another ( at least for me and the resaon i changed my
vote ), the problem is that i need to checkout another projects in the
same branch_dir make it work as the build scripts are tied to a common
root above, so if i checkout branch tomcat_32 to a dir, then i need to
checkout jakarta-servletapi, and jakarta_ant to the same dir to use the
standard build.bat work, the way you propose this is not necessary and i
can have all the branches at same level without need to do double
checkouts ( in the main directory and inside the branch dir )..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega