Henri,

I think Dan is right on this one - improving the configuration of mod_jk
is probably the most important thing, and merging with mod_webapp and
porting it's protocol and config mechanism would be a good way to do that.

I think the best way to do that would be a revolution ( like jasper34 ),
and when it's ready propose it as either a replacement for both mod_jk and
mod_webapp, or as a top level project ( if enough people will contribute
on it ). Combining mod_jk and mod_webapp is likely to result in something
better than both, so the vote to replace mod_jk and mod_webapp will be a
formality  :-)

( making it a top level project now is not a good idea right now, neither
to do the development in the main tree - there are just few big bugs to be
fixed before a 3.3 beta. )

Costin

P.S. It's fun beeing a "revolutionar" !