GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >I have started a configure.in and makefile(s).in for the
> >jakarta-tomcat-connectors.
> >Currently I have just prepared it for Apache2.0 and Apache1.3,
> >before going on I
> >have some questions:
>
> I tested the configure/makefile stuff and it works well but
> could you also add the java detection for JNI support ?
>
> ie: --with-java=/usr/jdk1.3.0/

My idea is to build one connector per call of configure/make, --with-java should
build the JNI support, correct?
I have noted that common contains jk_jni_worker.c, should not we move it in jni?

> Many users asked about statically compiling mod_jk in Apache,
> could you add a --with-apache flag ?

Yes, but we cannot use apxs for that... Following the ideas of mod_webapp we
should libtool for this purpose.
Then it is more easy to use libtool for everything.

> Do you think we could add also the config dir path to have
> default mod_jk.conf and workers.properties installed ?
>
> feature which could be added, is the config
>
> ie: --sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf        (à la Redhat)

If we use --with-apxs the conf is given by apxs, in case we use --with-apache
yes.
This means we need to support "make install".

> Thanks for that contribution

You are welcome