On Tue, 15 May 2001, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> By the way I have a question: Why jk_jni_worker.c is in common not in jni? What
> it is used for? (I have to add JAVA_HOME to the configure for it and I am
> curious).

Error - it shouldn't be in common...

jk_jni_worker uses JNI to start tomcat in the same process with
Apache(2.0) or IIS/NES and uses in-process calls instead of TCP/IP.

It should be the fastest - but it's the hardest to debug, and it hasn't
been tunned too much. ( it is similar with the NES servlet container,
which runs in-process too, or with mod_perl/mod_php  ).

Costin