Sorry for the late reply, but anyway....

This could cause a lot of headaches answering user questions.  Once
getAttribute is called it must be assumed dirty until the service method (or
goGet, etc.) has completed.  As far as I can see there is still the
possiblity of a thread updating fields of attribute object in which case the
session must be assumed dirty at all times.   Also, I don't think its a good
thing for the developer to have to indicate that a session is dirty.

jr