On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Costin has started something like that in
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/jni/jk_jni_aprImpl.c the way is the good
> one: Use APR to save porting problems.

Yes, jk2 will make use of apr.

One 'piece' of jk is a JNI library that will be used from java to
access APR functions - userid is trivial, also shmem, signals, etc.
The main benefit of Apr is that it already have all the
OS specific things factored out.

It would be very nice if we would keep all JNI code in jk:
- more people are working on it
- the build system is there ( not perfect, but it'll improve )
- people need to build jk anyway.

We can split it in 2 ( APR-java and jk ), but for now I think
it would be much easier to keep things in sync until they
mature.