[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I have to admit not having read the MinTC source, however, I thought
>> the tomcat community uses/develops multiple implementations of many
>> interfaces. Most of the http/socket/auth?/config (xml
>> file/ajp-webapp/admin) code is effectively multiple implementations of
>> the same interfaces. Isn't the whole design of catalina intended to
>> allow different implementations of practically every concrete class?
>
> The point is not about developing multiple implementations - but about
> beeing a part of the community and proposing/discussing changes instead
> of posting announcements of a fork's releases.

Someone might feel that as a fork, someone might feel that as an interesting
development thread and evolution so closely related to the current codebase
not even to look at _who_ is developing it and _where_...

Someone might perceive Tomcat 3.3 as a fork as well, or the whole Tomcat
stuff as a fork from HTTPD since someone invented the HTTP connector, but do
we want to go over the same stuff over-and-over-and-over again?

    Pier