"Cavan Morris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Attached is an ASCII file with my build process.  It may be important to not
> that I'm using the APR libraries from the webapp-module-1.0.2-tc402 and apxs
> from apache 2.0.32 not 2.0.35.

You _need_ to use the APR libraries shipped with your Apache 2.0 version,
and the same APXS, anyway it's bloated on my system as well. I have some
spare time on my hands tonight, and tomorrow... I'll try to revamp the
autoconf stuff and make it build again...

<NOTE>
  I might break something in Win32 builds. Can someone with MSVC give it a
  go once they see my commits, please?
</NOTE>

> Question:
> when you say "Yes, that's right... " do you mean yes that's right, the
> socketpool work may solve bug 8433 or yes that's right, it doesn't compile?

Both... Yeah, the socketpool solves that problem as well (at least it
should, what's your worker configuration in Apache 2.0? - output of httpd -l
please :) and yes, it doesn't compile...

On APR they're talking about removing atomics, since those bits actually
depend (especially on sun hardware) on some opcodes present only on V9
architectures (JF might explain it better than me, the only 2 RISCs I've
coded for are PPCs and MIPSes), thus making binaries unportable from one
architecture to another... Therefore my thought is to rely on inter-process
mutex locking, instead of atomics)...

> Thanks for your time.

I feel lucky to have some spare time on my hands :) :) :)

    Pier