Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> "Cavan Morris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Attached is an ASCII file with my build process.  It may be important to not
>>that I'm using the APR libraries from the webapp-module-1.0.2-tc402 and apxs
>>from apache 2.0.32 not 2.0.35.
>

> You _need_ to use the APR libraries shipped with your Apache 2.0 version,
> and the same APXS, anyway it's bloated on my system as well. I have some
> spare time on my hands tonight, and tomorrow... I'll try to revamp the
> autoconf stuff and make it build again...
>
> <NOTE>
>   I might break something in Win32 builds. Can someone with MSVC give it a
>   go once they see my commits, please?
> </NOTE>
>
>>Question:
>>when you say "Yes, that's right... " do you mean yes that's right, the
>>socketpool work may solve bug 8433 or yes that's right, it doesn't compile?

The #if APR_HAS_THREADS is wrong that should have been #if APR_HAS_ATOMIC.
But APR_HAS_ATOMIC is not existing and it is not possible to force APR to use a
generic C code for atomics (apr_force_atomic_generic cannot be set to one via
some configure options).

Therefore when apr_atomic_t is not defined mod_webapp compilation failed miserably.

I will try to change the #if APR_HAS_THREADS into #ifdef USE_ATOMICS like in the
mod_mem_cache.c of httpd-2.0. (As a temporary fix).

> Both... Yeah, the socketpool solves that problem as well (at least it
> should, what's your worker configuration in Apache 2.0? - output of httpd -l
> please :) and yes, it doesn't compile...
>
> On APR they're talking about removing atomics, since those bits actually
> depend (especially on sun hardware) on some opcodes present only on V9
> architectures (JF might explain it better than me, the only 2 RISCs I've
> coded for are PPCs and MIPSes), thus making binaries unportable from one
> architecture to another...

The atomic for SPARC is using cas that is an 8+ opcode. This causes "problems"
on SPARC machines with "old" processors.

There is a C code for machines that does not have a as atomic support.