Sam Ewing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Pier- its working with Apache 2.0 now.

Toldya! :)

> How do I solve the apache 1.3 problem though?
>
> I tried rebuilding the connector as
>
> $ ./configure --with-apxs=/path/apache1.3/bin/apxs
> --enable-threads
> $ make
>
> But I still get the same problem..

I know. The webapp configure actually forces threads to be disabled because
of the way in which they don't work that great with Apache 1.3. But of
course this disables ATOMICS, which is not what you want...

It is really odd, because all the atomics code I can see is actually
ifdef(ed) out with APR_HAS_THREADS, but somehow it gets foobared up
somewhere...

UNLESS, don't tell me you're building it on Linux... Can you send me over
your apr_config.h file after configure is run?

    Pier

--
[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion of different
sublanguages in  one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C with