Patrick Luby wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Your assessment is correct: an aggregate header like:
>
>   header1: val1, val2
>
> should be converted to this for the HttpRequest:
>
>   header1: val1
>   header1: val2

No, this is not correct.

You are allowed to do that only if the application knows it makes sense
to do so (ie, only when it call getHeaders).

Some code to do that should be added in the adapter.

> Tomcat 4 used to do this conversion correctly but then it stopped doing
> the conversion a few months ago.
>
> This should be fixed as it is Servlet spec non-compliance. However, I am
> not sure where the parsing of headers is now performed in Tomcat?
>
> Can anyone point Steve to where this header parsing of the ServerSocket
> input stream is being done?

No, this musn't be done there, as it would screw up many headers. Please
read the chapter on multivalued headers in the HTTP/1.1 spec.

Remy