Bill Barker wrote:

> [...]
I'm confuse. The Tomcat 4.0-4.1 documentatopm requires JDK 1.3 for
compilling the source code:

" This subproject contains the source code Tomcat 4.0, a server that implements
the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 Specifications from Java Software.  In order to
build a binary distribution version of the container from a source
distribution, you must have a Java Development Kit (JDK) for version 1.3 (or
later) downloaded and installed (version 1.3.1 recommended), and do the
following:"

Tomcat should run on 1.2, but should it compile?

-- Jeanfrancois