When I was testing with the HttpAdapter and Sun's JMX 1.2ri, on shutdown of tomcat the JVM did not die. If I removed the jar - all was OK. (But of course I lost HttpAdapter functionality) Does anyone know if Sun's HttpAdapter creates non-daemon threads? Of course the problem might be in tomcat too, I'm sorry for not doing much debugging on this yet.

Unfortunately, I was using cygwin and you can't get JVM stacktraces with cygwin.

Time permitting, I will try testing this on linux box tonight to see what threads are keeping the JVM alive. (Or *gasp* - go back to using the bat files)

-Tim

Remy Maucherat wrote:

JMX: I think we should try to ship with JMX 1.2 + a JSR 160 implementation if possible. I really hope MX4J will be able to provide that.

Remy