To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [5.0.20] New build

Remy Maucherat wrote:

Jess Holle wrote:

One area of immediate concern: Is jmx.jar an additional top-level jar
that must be added to CLASSPATH or java command lines to run Tomcat?
Or is it automatically picked up by Bootstrap, etc, as before? [This
will clearly affect a number automated configurations if this has
indeed changed.]

It's in the manifest of the bootstrap.jar. The change is because the
bootstrap needs to register the classloaders so that Tomcat is fully
configurable and remotely "embeddable" through JMX.

Ah.  So this part of the change is not due to the licensing snafus.
That's good to know.

Of course, Tomcat will run out of the box on JDK 1.5.

As is this.

Thanks again.

--
Jess Holle