Remy Maucherat wrote:

Well, your pages are invalid. Really, I don't see what's so mysterious: anything used in useBean must be a JavaBean.
This will not be fixed.

Did I miss something?

Are JavaBean default constructors required to succeed in any/all environments?

Specifically are they required to succeed at compile time when none of the runtime requirements they have are met?

This seems somewhat odd to say the least.

That said, I did not author any of the beans in question and could certainly give the authors of said beans hell for their transgressions *IF* I have sufficient proof that what they're doing is completely wrong.

Overall, however, the change in 5.0.20 still seems questionable -- at least with respect to the many other details (e.g. that the default causes new failures, that the compiler flag is not accessible via JspC.main(), etc...)

--
Jess Holle