Costin Manolache wrote:

> Mladen Turk wrote:
>

> > Of course, no one is forced to participate in development, but
> > everyone is welcome.
> > The only question is do we have enough juice to make it official.
> > AFICT, Remy, Henri and myself are in favor.
> > But frankly I see no reason for someone to object, cause it's open
> > source after all, and it doesn't break nothing that already exists.
>
> I'm not in favor, quite the contrary.
>
> And I thing there are reasons to object - "doesn't break
> anthing that exists" is not the only criteria used in apache.
> "Is it the best solution ?" can be used sometimes.

I must disagree with you.
There has been previous talks about 'wasting resources', that looks just
like some corporate manager would talk.
You can not stop people seeking other solutions, trying to build something
better. It's the compete opposition of what IMO ASF stands for.

If I make a design flaw, and the entire project gets unusable, it will make
it just something like mod_java, mod_warp, mod_jk and mod_jk2 are... Dead.
Nobody will get hanged for that.

> In any case - even if I'm no longer a very active tomcat
> committer, I think I can still -1 something that doesn't have
> a clear set of requirements, doesn't have a clear design that
> is able to support those features, doesn't have a
> configuration that is easy ( and by that I mean familiar for
> admins ), etc. You can ignore my vote if you want, but I'm
> pretty sure I am right.

What about free spirit, and creative mess, that produced something like
Apache2 and Tomcat.
Are we going to need to have a full set of requirements and marketing
analysis for each patch we make?

Thing you've  gone too far :(

Regards,
MT.