Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
I've done some serious testings with HTTP server and NIO.
The results were always bad for NIO.
Blocking I/O is minimum 25% faster then NIO.

Faster in what? Throughput and/or scalability?

I disagree ;-) I would like to see your implementation, because from what I'm seeing/measuring, it is completely the inverse. I would be interested to see how you did implement your NIO connector.

I do not understand why the people are so obsessed with NIO, really. Like said there IS a example from Sun that tries all the strategies you can imagine, even using mapped byte buffers, single/multiple threads etc...

Feel free to test by yourself if you don't believe me.
Download the Mustang sources from
http://www.java.net/download/jdk6/
You have a complete stack of 5 web servers inside:
j2se/src/share/sample/nio/server

Also read a nice aricle:
http://www.usenix.org/events/hotos03/tech/full_papers/vonbehren/vonbehren_html/index.html

Solaris and Linux 2.6 threading support is much more advanced then it
was in a days the even architecture was 'pushed'.

Regards,
Mladen.